Sedation Dentistry & Dental Anxiety
Perfect for patients suffering from dental anxiety
Sedation Dentistry allows patients to undergo treatment in a gentle and relaxed environment.
Sedation helps to alleviate anxiety in patients through twilight anaesthesia, leaving patients with no memory of the procedure. Sleep dentistry does not allow multiple visits to be done in one go. You can opt if possible to have multiple treatments performed in a visit but this doesn’t necessarily mean that you would not have to return again for continual treatment. Eg. Root canal treatment involves multiple visits regardless of sleep dentistry because the infection needs to be treated with time. Crowning teeth requires multiple visits, Implant dentistry requires multiple visits. The only example would be if the patient would opt to have a clean and multiple fillings done in a visit.
Feeling no pain at all, you will be relaxed and at ease throughout the procedure. During Sedation Dentistry treatment you are not unconscious at any time, just in a deeply relaxed state. Your vital signs are meticulously monitored throughout your entire visit and you are never left alone.
Dependant on your individual needs, Sedation Dentistry may last between 2 to 6 hours. Sedation Dentistry may be utilised to; treat Gum Disease, repair chipped or missing teeth and more. Sedation Dentistry enables you to receive the dental care you require; easily, quickly and comfortably.
Candidates for Sedation Dentistry, include patients:
- Suffering from a high fear of dental treatment
- Hate the noises, smells or tastes associated with dental care
- Hate needles or shots
- Require extensive dental work
- Have had negative dental experiences
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have difficulty achieving a numb sensation
- Have limited time to undergo dental restoration
- Monday:9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- tuesday:9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- wednesday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- friday:9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- saturday:9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- sunday:Emergency Appt’s Only